7 Wonderful Ways To Use Rose Water At Home
Rose water has been used for centuries as a cosmetic ingredient and for cleansing purposes. It has been documented that the ancient queen of Egypt, Cleopatra used rose water as a part of her beauty regimen.
This liquid is like a magic potion that can help you maintain the glow of your youth. All you have to do is apply it on your skin. It also has a delightful fragrance that can instantly lift your mood.
In order to make rose water, you have to steep some rose petals in distilled water and warm it for about 20-30 mins. Once the color of the petals turns pale pink, you have to strain the mixture to separate the petals. The last step is to store it in a container.
Here are 7 beneficial ways to use rose water at home –
1. Use it to cure sunburns or rashes – Spending long periods of your time outdoors can expose your skin to the harmful ultraviolet radiation of the sun. This can cause mild or severe sunburns.
Rose water was anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe your skin. It can also help you to hydrate your skin and make it cool. Using rose water with tulsi(Holy basil) leaves can be a potent remedy for curing harmful skin conditions.
If you suffer from sunburn quite frequently, try following the below procedure to cure it quickly when it occurs –
Crush 15-20 holy basil leaves and make it into a paste. Add the tulsi paste to 200 ml of rose water and mix it properly. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and store it in a refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Spray the fixture on the affected areas where the skin feels aggravated.
Using this regularly will help you get rid of itchy skin and red patches.
2. Use it as a hair conditioner – Rose water acts as a natural hair conditioner and can help you to revitalize your hair growth. Applying rose water on your hair and scalp can help you get rid of dandruff and treat mild scalp inflammations.
People who apply rose water after shampooing, generally tend to have a silky shine to their hair.
If you have dry or frizzy hair, you can benefit greatly from applying rose water on your hair. Just mix it with glycerin of equal amount and apply it on your scalp. Gently massage it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with shampoo.
Doing this procedure weekly will keep your hair healthy.
3. Use it as a skin toner and cleanser– Rose water can be used as a natural skin toner and skin cleanser due to its astringent properties and ability to restore the pH balance of your skin.
Applying it on your face can help you to remove excess oil and dirt from the skin. It also tightens the capillaries and pores of your skin, hydrates it and provides your skin with an even tone.
In order to tone your skin, soak a piece of a clean cotton pad in rose water and dab it gently on your cleansed skin. If you have oily skin, you can add 5 ml of apple cider with 50 ml of rose water to get optimum results.
For people with dry skin, combining 5 ml of glycerine with 30 ml of rose water will do the trick. For people with combination skin, adding 5 ml apple cider and 5 ml glycerine with 30 ml rose water will provide better results.
4. Use it for de-tanning – Using rose water with aloe vera gel as a face pack can help you to de-tan your skin. It can also help you to get rid of mild scars on your skin and help to improve the texture of your skin.
Just combine 1 tbsp of rose water with 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel and mix it to form a smooth texture. Then, apply it on your face like a face pack. Keep it on for 20 mins and rinse it off with cool water.
For getting the best results, do this 3-4 times a week.
5. Use it as a cure for acne – Excess oil and dirt build up on your face can create acne. In order to prevent acne and other skin conditions, you must keep your skin clean. Using rose water with lemon can help you to exfoliate and unclog your skin, remove excess oil and even kill bacteria.
This can cure acne and reduce the chance of it occurring in the future.
All you need is 1 tsp of rose water along with 1 tsp of lemon juice. Mix it thoroughly and apply it over the acne-affected areas. Wait for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. For best results, do this 2-3 times a week.
6. Use it as a moisturizer – Rose water can help you to naturally moisturize your skin. Applying rose water regularly on your face will keep it hydrated and give you a radiant glow.
For getting the best results, combine 3 tbsp of rose water with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of glycerine. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and gently apply it on your skin in small quantities. Apply this mixture on your skin 1-2 times a day.
7. Use it as a refreshing face mask – Rose water has antioxidant properties that your help to regenerate and strengthen skin cells. If you have sensitive skin, using a face mask with rose water will soothe your skin, refresh your mood and relax you. It will also help you to get rid of blemishes on your skin and itchiness.
For an all natural face mask, try the following –
Cut a fresh cucumber into 2-inch slices and peel it. Add 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of rose water over it and blend it until it forms a smooth texture. Apply it over your face as a face mask and leave it for about 15 minutes. Rinse the face mask with cool water.
Do this 1-2 times a week to get optimum results.